Programming languages are the building blocks of developing any application. It plays a vital role. The IT people must have some knowledge about the programming language. We are listing some important programming languages. These languages enhance the coding skills of the developer. In this tutorial, we will discuss the top 7 programming languages.
Read the full article to know more about top programming languages.
- A front-end language, it can also be experienced on the server-side throughout Node.js to create network applications.
Java is owned by the Oracle Corporation, it is one of the most common, oldest and always in-demand computer programming languages in use today. Some of your favorite web apps and games include java. Java plays a huge role in the code that makes them work. Java’s independence from platforms makes magic intact among web development companies. This helps developers to essentially (WORA) “write once, work anywhere”. Java is everywhere and the demand for strong developers is exactly high.
- Java is recognized for its portability and scalability across multiple platforms from mainframe data centers to smartphone
- Its features include high performance, strong memory management, backward compatible and security
- Java’s new frameworks such as Spring, Struts, and Hibernate have also become very popular with its presence in almost 3 billion devices.
- Java forms the base and used in a multitude of domains including web development, big data, mobile application, and system programming,
- Java is favorite of almost 90 percent of enterprises for building applications and back end systems
- The most popular users of Java include Youtube, Twitter, Google and Amazon.
C# is created by Microsoft, C# is considered to be one of the most powerful programming languages in the Dot NET framework. It is a flexible, powerful, language that gives you a comprehensive programming foundation that applies to Java, Objective-C, PHP, and more. You can think of C# as a merge of the C++ and Java language but the creator of C#, (Anders Hejlsberg) says that the language is more like C++ than Java.
- Compilation and execution with C# lightning fast due to the presence of a rich set of libraries
- C# is used in backend operations of several websites like Visual Studio, Bing, Dell and Market Watch
- C# uses frameworks like Xamarin and .NET for building mobile applications and game development.
- C# is mostly used with Microsoft’s .NET framework to design web forms, windows applications, etc
- It is best suited for the applications that are based on Android, Windows, as well as iOS since it takes the aid of Microsoft Visual C++
- Recommended language for building 3D and 2D video games using the popular Unity game engine, which provides one-third of the top games in the market
Swift is developed by Apple in 2014, Swift is an open-source language built using a modern approach to performance, safety, and software design patterns. Swift was developed as an alternative to Objective-C to write applications for Mac and iOS. Swift influenced by Ruby and Python. Swift was designed to be friendly for beginners and easy to use. This makes it one of the participators of the top 10 programming languages list.
- It’s features like better dynamic libraries, readability and speed ensure lesser errors, reduce application size and improve performance
- Swift has two major frameworks, .Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, which are centered around application development
- Swift is used in a most of iOS apps such as SoundCloud, Mozilla Firefox, WordPress, and Flappy Bird game
- Swift developers, the average programmer who knows how to use this language can expect huge pay just because of the tremendous need for experienced.
- C++ has remained in high demand due to its high performance, variety of contexts we can use in it, and its reliability.
- Mostly used in mobile applications, game development, scripting and mostly in performance-intensive tasks
- C++ is used in the development of virtual reality, gaming, and computer graphics
- C++ provides frameworks and libraries like GTK++, Wx-Widgets, boost, Qt, etc
- we can easily find C++ in a wide range of applications like Google Chromium, Adobe Photoshop, MapReduce, MySQL database, Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome and Microsoft Windows are the two of the most well-known projects created with C++
Ruby is a dynamic language that was constructed to simplify the programming task and making it easier. Ruby is developed in Japan in the mid-1990s. Its popularity depends on Ruby on Rails, a full-stack web application framework that runs Ruby. The downside of Ruby is that being a dynamically typed language, it is not very easy to maintain and its flexibility making it a slower one.
- It is easier to learn, straight-forward and allows for swift creation of web applications
- Ruby has an amazingly simple beautiful syntax that allows a developer to do more work but with less code
- Many Silicon Valley unicorns have been built on Ruby, including Airbnb, CrunchBase, Twitch, Shopify, GitHub, and Twitter
- Ruby has high flexibility as an all-purpose programming language
- Open source projects that employ Ruby include Metasploit Framework, Homebrew and Discourse and many more.
Python is the fastest-growing high-level programming language with importance on code readability. It has prominent features as below:-
- GUI-based desktop applications
- Open-source programming language
- Easy integration with web services
- User-friendly data structures
- Extensive support modules and community development
- Python-based web development frameworks like Pyramid, Django, and Turbo Gear are easy to learn.
- It has packages such as SciPy and NumPy that are used in the fields of scientific computing, mathematics and engineering.
- Its application in machine learning and sophisticated deep learning makes it a good choice for the academically inclined.
- It has a wide range of applications like creating famous, developing 2D imaging, video games as well as 3D animation packages
- Multi-purpose language used by well-liked companies like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, SurveyMonkey, Quora, Mozilla, and Spotify
Every programming language has its use. In this tutorial we have discussed about Top 7 programming languages. If you are having any doubt, ask me freely in the comment box.
Also Read- Top 8 Data Science Programming Languages