Every programming language has a different use. There are a lot of programming languages that are helping IT people to develop their applications. Different programming languages have used for different purposes. Like R is good for data analysis, Java is good for application development similarly Python is good for machine learning and C++ works great for game development. In this article, we will discuss the top differences between Python and C++ to know more about these languages. Read the full article to understand the concept of these programming languages.
What is Python Programming?
Python is a general-purpose interpreted programming language. It is a highly interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum from 1985- 1990. It came into existence in the year 1991.
Role of Python
- Python can be deployed on a server to create web applications.
- It is used along with software to create workflows.
- Python can make a connection to database systems for reading and modifying files.
- The handling of Big data and complex mathematical problems is done by Python at great ease.
- Python can be used for rapid prototyping
- Python works on various platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python’s syntax is very much similar to the English language.
- Python is written in few lines not lengthy code is needed.
Code and Result of Python
What is C++?
C++ is a middle-level programming language. It was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 1979 at Bell Labs. C++ runs on multiple platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS, and the various versions of UNIX.
Role of C++
- C++ allows you to create robust software development.
- This programming gives you a clear understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- It is loved by millions of software developers.
- C++ is the most widely used programming language in application and system programming.
- It is so helpful in teaching you the difference between compiler, linker, and loader, different data types, storage classes, variable types their scopes, etc.
- It gives good results in game development.
- C++ is a computationally good language.
- C++ also has been used in developing the most popular database system called MySQL.
- It is widely used in developing Medical and Engineering Applications like software for MRI machines, high-end CAD/CAM systems, etc.
Code and result of C++Differences between Python and C++
|1. Definition||Python is a high-level object-oriented programming language. It has built-in data structures that are combined with dynamic binding and typing,.||C++ is widely used in general-purpose programming languages. The language allows you to encapsulates high and low-level language characteristics.|
|2. Ease||Python programs are easier to write||Not easy in contrast to Python because of its complex syntax.|
|3. Origin Year||It came into existence in 1991||It was developed in 1980|
|4. Prototyping||Rapid Prototyping is possible because of the small size of the code||Rapid Prototyping not possible because of larger code size|
|5. Garbage Collection||Supports Garbage Collection||Does not support Garbage Collection|
|6. Installation||Python is difficult to be installed on a windows box||Not have an issue while installing in the windows system.|
|7. Speed||Python is slower.||C++ is faster than Python|
|8.Variables accessibility||In Python, variables are accessible outside the loop.||The scope of the C++ variables is limited within the loops.|
|9. Coding dependability||It follows indentation of code||It needs mainly curly braces and semicolon to work|
|10.Nature||It is dynamic||It is static|
|11.Efficiency||It is more efficient as it is easier to maintain||It is less efficient than python|
|12. Compatibility||It has less compatibility||It has more compatibility|
|13.Code length||Code is lesser in length||Code is lengthy|
|14.Use of||It makes the use of the interpreter||It makes the use of compiler|
|15. Application development||It helps in fast application development||It is slow in this|
|16. Salary Package||The approx. salary for a Python Developer is $120,359 per annum.||The approx salary for a C++ Developer is $108,809 per annum|
|17. Readability||Python readability is high||It has weak readability|
|18.Companies||Google, Telegram, Twitch are using Python||Uber, Netflix, Instagram, and Spotify are using C++|
|19. Learnability||It is easier to learn||It is quite tough|
|20.Complexity||It is written in basic English so it is not so complex to understand||It follows more syntax procedures, quite complex.|
|21. Testing and debugging||Testing and debugging is interactive and easy in Python||Testing and debugging is not so easy|
It is better to develop a knowledge of at least one programming language if you are interested in application and web development. In this blog, I have discussed Top differences between Python and C++. If you are having a doubt, feel free to ask me in the comment box.