Technology has given us so many advantages and still, it has to progress day by day. But the things which have advantages have disadvantages as well. Regularly we are using the internet for fulfilling our day to day tasks. But we are not thinking once that cyber-attacks are everywhere. We are using social media like Facebook, Instagram and TikTok without thinking that our private data is sealed out. There is a dire need for cybersecurity these days. Every day the count of cyber attacks is increasing. In this blog, we will discuss the importance of cyber security.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security refers to the body of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from attack, damage, or unauthorized access. Cyber Security is a way of protecting crucial information infrastructure from attacking, damaging and being exploited. Cyber security may also be referred to as information technology security.
Components of Cyber Security
- Application Security: It refers to the security of the various application. Sometimes when we download apps from the internet, multiple viruses generated along with downloading. Those applications need to be secured.
- Information Security: It refers to protecting the information from intruders.
- Network security: It includes safety, reliability, usability, and integrity of the network.
- Disaster recovery planning: It includes various strategies to be performed in case of an attack.
Importance of cyber security
- Cyber security for Government: The government maintains huge data that is confidential. That data belongs to different categories and that also needs to be protected from being categorized under cyber attacks. This data has so much information regarding the military, public, assets of the country. If this kind of data is stolen, it creates an immense loss for the country.
- Cyber security for individuals: People are using social media platforms daily that can be any platform like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and They share their photos and other information on social media. They even don’t think that this creates a problem for them. I mean cyber criminal or intruder can easily download their data and can misuse any time. There are so many other crimes that are associated with that as well. Blackmailing is one of them. So cyber security is very much needed there also.
- Cyber security for business: As we know, large chunks of data are generated daily. Companies have important information regarding their employees and workflow. If this kind of data is snatched or acquired by intruders it creates a big issue. Many businesses have drafted plans for growth if this data is misused then the business will suffer from a major loss. This will ultimately create a loss of faith from the employee side.
Also check: Ways to prevent cyber attacks
Cyber crime is rising day by day. There is a dire need to maintain security all over so that user data is not misused by anyone. Many cyber attackers take a single second to steal your personal and business data. Beware of these things. Cybersecurity mechanisms provide you safety measures. Real-time intelligence is needed for these cyber attacks. People should develop knowledge regarding these attacks and they should be aware that it will create destruction. The government has taken up so many initiatives to protect user data. But as a citizen of the country, you should possess some knowledge regarding the safeguarding of the data. Avoid posting personal information on social media regularly. In this blog, we have discussed the importance of cyber security, if you are having any doubt feel free to ask me in the comment box.