These days people are learning different languages. Recently Python becomes the most famous language. Also, it is considered as the easiest programming language. Many students and even professionals are learning python these days. So this article is all about how Python evolved? Before moving forward, we will discuss what is python?
What is Python?
Python is an extensively used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It was initially designed by Guido van Rossum. It developed in 1991. The Python Software Foundation developed it.
It was mainly established for importance on code readability. Python has a very simple syntax. The code written in Python is easy to understand. Moreover, the code is written in fewer lines of code. There are almost 72% of job listings for python in glassdoor.
- In the late 1980s, working on Python started.
- Soon after that, Guido Van Rossum began doing its application based work in December of 1989
- Earlier It was started firstly as a hobby project because he was looking for an interesting project to keep him occupied during Christmas.
- The programming language which Python is said to have succeeded is ABC Programming Language, which had the interfacing with the Amoeba Operating System and had the feature of exception handling.
- He had already helped to create ABC earlier in his career
- But he also has seen some problems with ABC, still, he loves its features.
- After that what he did as really very clever. He had taken the syntax of ABC, and some of its good features.
- It came with a lot of complaints too, so he fixed those issues completely and had created a good scripting language which had removed all the faults.
- The inspiration for the name came from BBC’s TV Show – ‘Monty Python’s Flying Circus’, as he was a big fan of the TV show and also he wanted a short, unique and slightly mysterious name for his invention and hence he named it Python!
- He was the “Benevolent dictator for life” (BDFL) until he stepped down from the position as the leader on 12th July 2018.
- For quite some time he used to work for Google, but currently, he is working at Dropbox.
- The language was finally released in 1991.
- When it was released, it used a lot fewer codes to express the concepts, when we compare it with Java, C++ & C. Its design philosophy was quite good too.
- Its main objective is to provide code readability and advanced developer productivity.
- When it was released it had more than enough capability to provide classes with inheritance, several core data types exception handling, and functions.
In this article, I have discussed the history of Python. If you are having any doubt, ask me freely in the comment box.